- Brilliant hurdle double by Crosby
jr Chance Casey, US#3 37.03 for the 300 hurdles and 14.08 for the
- The iron was flying as Whitesboro
jr Hayden Baillio claimed the shot put crown with a best of 62-2,
just ahead of current US ourdoor leader Stephen Saenz who managed
62-2 today. Covenant Christian sr Jared Crafton
took bronze at 59-4.
- Baillio also captured the discus
with a mark of 185-10, with Saenz again taking
second with his 179-6 throw. Red Oak sr Corwin Pace
(179-6) and Hightower sr Jarrett Gilliam (177-1)
rounded out the top 4, with current US leader Alex Adams
well back in 9th.
- In the Elite girls 1600, the only female race at
this meet, Vista Ridge soph Ashley Isham
captured gold in 4:59.28, her first time under 5-minutes,
edging defending champ Iowa Park sr Kelsey Johnson
in 4:59.89. White Oak sr Catherine Loden
earned the bronze in 5:03.96.
- Garland sr Jacques Caldwell, a 5A
state 200 finalist, displayed his half-lap prowess with a 21.63
- In the high jump, Flower Mound sr Jack
Spinks couldnít equal his US leading 7-0 performance, but
his 6-8 effort here was good as gold. Plano East jr Toddrick
Allen nabbed the silver with a 6-6 clearance.
- Southlake Carroll jr Hayden Clark
topped 15-6 for the pole vault title, with Arlington jr Boston
Spiva also over 15-6 for the runner-up spot
- In 5A action, the short relays belonged to Garland
with winning times of 41.81 for 4x100 and 1:28.06 for 4x200.
But Lancaster had the fastest overall 4x200,
clocking 1:27.90 for 4A gold.
- In the Elite boys 1600, the youngster surprised the
field as Vista Ridge soph Parker Stinson broke the
tape in 4:22.13, ahead of Pleasant Grove sr Will Barry
in 4:22.82 and Paradise sr James Hodges in 4:24.97.
In all, Cedar Park had 4 athletes run 4:30.36 or better.
- The 3200 belonged to Timberview jr Jim
Stitt, as he finished in 9:35.82